Flows in Japan
Inbound arrivals continued to soar at the end of the review period, with 2017 set to be the sixth consecutive year of double-digit growth. Growth will slow in comparison to a review period of 27% but will remain impressive at an estimated 16%. Strong growth is continuing thanks to heavy investment in tourist promotion by the Japanese government and the travel industry, with the Tourism Nation Promotion Basic Plan legislation of 2012 proving highly effective. The government has placed tourism at...
Euromonitor International's Flows in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Domestic Trips, Inbound Arrivals, Outbound Departures.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Flows market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- FLOWS IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Category Data
- Table 1 Inbound Arrivals: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 2 Inbound Arrivals by Country: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 3 Inbound City Arrivals 2012-2017
- Table 4 Inbound Receipts: Value 2012-2017
- Table 5 Leisure Inbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Inbound Arrivals: Number of Trips 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Inbound Arrivals by Country: Number of Trips 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Inbound Receipts: Value 2017-2022
- Table 9 Domestic Trips by Destination: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 10 Domestic Business Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 11 Domestic Leisure Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 12 Domestic Expenditure: Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Domestic Business Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2017-2022
- Table 14 Forecast Domestic Leisure Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Domestic Expenditure: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Outbound Departures: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 17 Outbound Departures by Destination: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 18 Outbound Expenditure: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Outbound Departures: Number of Trips 2017-2022
- Table 20 Forecast Outbound Departures by Destination: Number of Trips 2017-2022
- Table 21 Forecast Outbound Expenditure: Value 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Recovery After Poor 2016 Due To Earthquakes and Strengthening Yen
- Mobile Travel Sales Soar But Older Japanese Remain Cautious
- Loyalty Programmes Continue To Shape Purchasing Decisions
- Short-term Rentals Set To Soar Thanks To Relaxed Regulation
- Stronger Growth Ahead in Forecast Period
- Summary 1 Destination Japan: SWOT
- Market Data
- Table 22 Annual Leave: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 23 Travellers by Age: Number of People 2012-2017
- Table 24 Seasonality: Number of People 2012-2017
- Table 25 Leisure Outbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 26 Other Transport Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 27 Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 28 Forecast Other Transport Sales: Value 2017-2022
- Table 29 Forecast Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2017-2022
- Table 30 Activities: Value 2012-2017
- Table 31 Forecast Activities: Value 2017-2022
- Summary 2 Research Sources