Eye Care in South Korea
Demand for standard eye care, the dominant category, declined following the emergence of the pandemic and subsequent restrictions to control the spread of the virus. This led to prolonged home seclusion and remote working, resulting in more frequent use of spectacles and less use of contact lenses, in addition to less time spent outdoors, both of which are factors that can promote growth of standard eye care.
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in South Korea report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Eye Care in South Korea
- Euromonitor International
- October 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- EYE CARE IN SOUTH KOREA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Marginal volume growth for standard eye care despite early home seclusion and remote working
- Increasing demand for both prescription and OTC products but latter lags
- Eye care remains dominated by imports
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Further positive growth for standard eye care, while consumers search for specific features
- Despite dominance of RX eye care, OTC likely to gain share
- Younger consumers increasingly interested in eye health
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN SOUTH KOREA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2021-2022
- Summary 2 Research Sources