Eye Care in South Africa
Many South Africans are now spending greater time online due to increasing digitalisation in the country. Habits formed during the pandemic persist, whereby consumers are spending more time indoors but also using their technological devices more frequently, for leisure, shopping or work. As a result, this is placing strain on their eyes and to alleviate symptoms of dry and tired eyes, consumers are seeking help through the use of eye care products. However, this is a small segment of consumers w...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Eye Care in South Africa
- Euromonitor International
- December 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- EYE CARE IN SOUTH AFRICA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Prolonged exposure to digital screens drives demand for standard eye care
- Allergy care outperforms standard options
- Stronger growth limited by unequal access to ophthalmologists, with eye care in general not seen as a priority
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Little change to the competitive landscape expected
- Price sensitivity to continue influencing purchasing decisions
- Omnichannel approach likely to improve brand visibility
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN SOUTH AFRICA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources