Eye Care in Portugal
Retail sales of eye care in Portugal registered accelerated growth in 2022, following a sluggish performance in 2021. The growing amount of time spent on digital services, such as laptops, smartphones or tablets, had a positive impact on demand. Studies have shown that younger consumers in particular are increasingly using their smartphones before going to bed, as well as waking up in the night to check their social media accounts. Staring at the tiny screen of a smartphone is known to contribut...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Eye Care in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- October 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- EYE CARE IN PORTUGAL
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Screen exposure fuels demand for standard eye care
- Rising exposure to allergens encourages demand for allergy eye care
- Consumers increasingly opting for more convenient products
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Eye care set to attract a rising number of consumers
- A more holistic approach to eye problems could pose a threat to traditional treatments
- Continuing economic pressures could undermine growth
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN PORTUGAL
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources