Eye Care in Portugal
Eye care recorded positive current value growth in 2017. Two factors contributed to this performance. Firstly, long working hours in front of PCs and generally heavy usage of electronic gadgets have resulted in the increasing incidence of tired eyes, among other problems. Secondly, increasing air pollution in cities has affected inhabitants’ living conditions. This has led to the relatively strong incidence of various eye complaints, such as irritation, dryness, redness, itching and burning, as...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- EYE CARE IN PORTUGAL
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Category Sales Boosted by Tired Eyes and Air Pollution
- Eye Care Expected To Post Modest Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Manufacturers To Focus on Improved Packaging and Marketing
- Competitive Landscape
- Reckitt Benckiser's Optrex the Leading Brand Thanks To A Focus on Innovation
- Laboratorio Edol Remains the Main Local Player
- Portuguese Consumers Trust Branded Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Positioning: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Portuguese Consumers Are Becoming More Confident Self-medicating
- Healthier Lifestyles Stimulate Sales
- Consumer Health Competitive Landscape Remains Fragmented
- Chemists/pharmacies Faces Increasing Competition
- Consumer Health Expected To Record Positive Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources