Eye Care in Nigeria
There are currently substantial capacity gaps in service delivery in hospitals in Nigeria, and access to health care is limited. There are limitations to the scope of services provided by hospitals which do not address the health needs of a large proportion of the local population, especially for eye care. As such, people rely on OTC drugs as an alternative.
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Nigeria report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Eye Care in Nigeria
- Euromonitor International
- October 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- EYE CARE IN NIGERIA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Lack of access to healthcare leads to a growth in demand for OTC eye care products
- Increase in the incidence of eye diseases supports demand for eye care products
- Benefiting from a wide distribution network, local brands lead eye care
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Lack of access to healthcare will sustain demand for OTC eye care products
- Time spent on screens and rising pollution levels will continue to support demand for eye care products
- Large amount of time spent in front of screens boosts demand for eye care products
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN NIGERIA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by: Value Category2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by: % Value Growth Category2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by: Value Category2022-2027
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by: % Value Growth Category2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- NAFDAC specifies minimum labelling requirements that must be met prior to full registration. These are summarised as follows:
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements are advertised under the same rules as OTC medicines.
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources