Eye Care in Ireland
Consistently strong growth is expected in eye care over the forecast period. Screen time is having a negative impact on consumers’ eyes, which often dry out and become sore. Indeed, Ireland currently has one of the highest smartphone usage rates in the EU. Computer and smart phone usage is likely to continue to increase over the forecast period, with many younger consumers becoming more exposed to screens at an earlier age. While special screens such as blue light filters and eyewear options hav...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Ireland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- EYE CARE IN IRELAND
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Computer and Smart Phone Usage Impacting Demand for Eye Care Products
- Allergy Eye Care Set To Lead Growth Due To Demand for Rapid Allergy Relief
- New Innovative Products in Response To More Eye Conditions
- Competitive Landscape
- Consumers Remain Loyal To the Optrex Brand
- Limited New Product Development
- Hot Summer Positively Impacts Allergy Eye Care
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Extreme Weather and Innovation Driving Sales in Consumer Health
- Long, Cold Winter and Hot Summer Create Unprecedented Opportunities in OTC
- Several Pharmaceutical Players Moving To Ireland Due To Brexit
- Growing Focus on Internet Retailing, But Traditional Still Works for Some
- Modest Growth With Opportunities and Threats Following Brexit
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources