Eye Care in France
Growth for over the counter eye care is set to remain positive in 2020. Eye drops are widely used in the country to fight against dry eyes, which represents around 85% of the total market sales. The allergy eye care market represents only 15% of the total. Both these areas are expected to record strong value growth in 2020, with allergy eye care driving the highest growth of 3%.
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in France report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Eye Care in France
- Euromonitor International
- October 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Growth is set to be positive, as the hay fever season begins earlier in 2020, boosting sales for eye care products
- COVID-19 drives the use of eyedrops, as the lockdown increases use of screen time for both work and in-home entertainment
- Laboratoires Chauvin retains its lead, as all players record positive growth as consumers continue to invest in products during the outbreak of COVID-19
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Ongoing growth will be supported by digital devices and screen use, which may continue to rise following habits established during the outbreak of COVID-19
- Half of the local population could suffer from allergies within the next 20 years, with rising levels boosting growth for eye care across the forecast period
- Standard eye care benefits from increasing cases of dry eye disease, with the ageing population boosting growth
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on consumer health
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2019-2020
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 2 Research Sources