Eye Care in Egypt
Widespread and constant air pollution in Egypt, especially in Cairo and its surrounding areas, supported strong current value sales growth for eye care in 2018. During what locals call “black cloud season”, the burning of rice straw by farmers results in a thick cloud of black smoke that covers much of the capital city. The dumping of waste close to residential areas also causes air pollution all year round. Due to these conditions, many Egyptians regularly require eye care products, which are w...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Egypt report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- EYE CARE IN EGYPT
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Widespread Air Pollution Continues To Drive Demand in Eye Care
- Standard Eye Care Products Remain the Most Popular
- Competitive Landscape
- Kahira Pharmaceutical Leads Eye Care in 2018
- Currency Devaluation Creates Opportunities for Local Brands
- Regulations Discourage Innovation and Limit Competition
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Stabilises in 2018 Following Crisis of 2017
- Price Hikes Impact Negatively on Volume Sales in Most Categories
- Rigid Regulatory Environment Continues To Discourage New Entries
- Chemists/pharmacies Continue To Dominate Consumer Health Distribution
- Demand Expected To Remain Strong Despite Strict Regulatory Controls
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources