Eye Care in Australia
2019 saw further moderate growth in sales of eye care, with rising demand supported by increasing amounts of screen time consumers among Australians of all ages. As lifestyles become increasingly hectic and with work and leisure time increasingly spent in front of digital screens, eye strain, tiredness and dry eyes are becoming more common ailments among the Australian population. Over the forecast period, the increasing use of digital devices is expected to continue supporting growth in sales o...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Australia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Eye Care in Australia
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Increased Screen Time Contributes To the Rising Prevalence of Health Problems
- Australia's Ageing Population Likely To Support Growth and Eye Care
- Rising Incidence of Allergies Likely To Promote Growth in Allergy Eye Care
- Competitive Landscape
- Alcon Laboratories Holds Its Leading Position Despite Changes in Its Product Range
- Allergan's Several Popular Brands Support Its Second Leading Position in Eye Care
- High Degree of Concentration and Dominance of International Brands Define Eye Care
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Positive Growth in Consumer Health As Rising Spending and Stressful Lifestyles Underpin Demand
- Maturity in Various Key Categories Continues To Suppress Sales Growth
- Strong Local Companies Vie With Major Multinational Pharma Players for Leadership
- Few Changes Seen As Retail Distribution Remains Stable
- Positive Growth To Be Based on Population Growth, Rising Incomes and Innovation
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources