Eye Care in Australia
Eye care saw healthy growth over the review period and this was driven mainly by the ageing population, the launch of new products featuring new formulae and delivery formats, environmental factors and the increasing use of contact lenses. Early in the review period, eye care sales were boosted by Reckitt Benckiser’s launch of Optrex Actimist Eye Spray and although hype over this product’s innovative spray format has died down, it has resulted in a slew of launches of products with similar deliv...
Euromonitor International's Eye Care in Australia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- EYE CARE IN AUSTRALIA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Moderate Sales Growth Set To Be Based on the Launch of More Targeted Products
- Increased Screen Time Set To Continues Boosting Demand for Eye Care Products
- Retail Distribution Continues To Evolve As Discount Pharmacies Make Their Mark
- Competitive Landscape
- International Companies and Brands Remain at the Forefront of Eye Care
- Allergan Again the Most Dynamic Player in A Highly Competitive Category
- Innovation Set To Be A Major Driver of Growth
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Standard Eye Care by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Regulation and Shifting Demand for Vitamins and Dietary Supplement Define Industry
- Consumer Health Products Remain Popular in Australia But Sales Slow Down
- Acquisitions of Local Companies Continue
- Distribution Continues To Evolve As the Presence of Discount Pharmacies Increases
- the Trend Towards Self-care Management Set To Support Consumer Health Sales
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources