Digestive Remedies in Venezuela
A ban on aluminium hydroxide caused the production of antacids to stop altogether in 2014. The government’s ban on this active ingredient can be tied directly to the use of antacids as pepper spray and lachrymator agent (tear gas) blockers during the protests that have taken place in 2014 and 2017. During both years, imports of this product were zero while the government also prohibited the delivery of any kind of product containing aluminium hydroxide through private carriers, which were warned...
Euromonitor International's Digestive Remedies in Venezuela report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Digestive Remedies market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DIGESTIVE REMEDIES IN VENEZUELA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- A Structural Change in Antacids Opens Up Business Opportunities
- Alternative Products Increasingly Used Due To Limited Availability
- Proton Pump Inhibitors Substitute H2 Blockers Altogether in 2018
- Competitive Landscape
- Two Large Players Dominate Digestive Remedies in 2018
- Domestic Companies Are Followers in A Concentrated Category
- One Key Brand Dominates Paediatric Diarrhoeal Remedies in 2018
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Hyperinflation Worsens An Already Critical Situation
- Negative Growth Rates Continue in Spite of A Slightly Better Supply
- Oligopolistic Competition Characterises the Venezuelan Market in 2018
- Drugstores/parapharmacies Lead Retail Distribution
- Future Performance Hinges on Macroeconomic and Industrial Policies
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources