Digestive Remedies in Belgium
Digestive remedies is seeing modest, albeit slightly higher, current value growth in 2019, due mainly to a significant rise in the incidence of gastroenteritis in winter. This notably boosts sales of diarrhoeal remedies in the country. However, digestive remedies is seeing a further drop in value sales of antacids, as maturity sets in. Even Gaviscon’s value sales waned in 2018/2019, despite increasingly high expenditure on marketing and advertising. The maturity of the category is also visible i...
Euromonitor International's Digestive Remedies in Belgium report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Digestive Remedies market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Digestive Remedies in Belgium
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Slighter Faster Value Growth in 2019 Due To Higher Incidence of Gastroenteritis
- Tourism Flows and Herbal Offerings Boost Motion Sickness Remedies
- Slow, But Steady Penetration of Niches Offers Stable Outlook
- Competitive Landscape
- Struggle for Mainstream Growth Drivers Following Loss of Key Brands
- Focus on Imodium Helps the Leader To Stabilise Value Share in 2019
- Local Brands Add Dynamism Through More Natural Offerings
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Lifestyles and Milder Climate Inform the Variable Performance of Consumer Health
- Herbal and More Natural Options Gain Ground on Previous Growth Drivers
- Flexible Approach Sees Local and Smaller Foreign Players Pressure Ethical Multinationals
- Progressive De-regulation Leaves Room for Wider Distribution
- Signs of Dynamism Set To Push Value Growth Despite Legislative Restrictions
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources