Digestive Remedies in Australia
Sales of digestive remedies in Australia are mainly driven by diarrhoeal remedies, IBS treatment and laxatives, with multiple factors influencing demand. These include lifestyles that comprise poor diet or lack of exercise, leading to one third of Australians struggling with chronic gastrointestinal symptoms, including abdominal pain, early satiety, bloating, constipation or diarrhoea, encouraging them to reach for accessible solutions such as digestive remedies to ease their discomfort.
Euromonitor International's Digestive Remedies in Australia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Digestive Remedies market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Digestive Remedies in Australia
- Euromonitor International
- November 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- DIGESTIVE REMEDIES IN AUSTRALIA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Effects of COVID-19 help drive demand for diarrhoeal remedies
- Unhealthy eating habits fuel growth of laxatives
- Johnson & Johnson strengthens leadership of digestive remedies with wide product portfolio
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Ageing demographic contributes to demand for digestive remedies
- Threat of substitutes and healthier lifestyles can hinder stronger growth for digestive remedies
- Slower rate of decline for H2 blockers but Australians now rely on alternatives
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN AUSTRALIA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2021-2022
- Summary 2 Research Sources