Dietary Supplements in the United Kingdom
The widespread trend towards natural ingredients and products across both the consumer health industry and the beauty industry is slowly transforming dietary supplements. Neglected by consumers for years, products with previously declining sales, such as echinacea, ginkgo biloba and St John’s wort, have seen positive growth, which is set to continue during the forecast period.
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Natural Products Experience A Revival, Promising Growth
- Mental Health Awareness Gives Renewed Purpose To Herbal Supplements
- Strong Branding Solidifies the Leading Position of Vitabiotics
- Competitive Landscape
- Big Names Consolidate Dietary Supplements - for Lack of Innovation, Not Opportunity
- Joint Category Is A Tough One To Crack But Seven Seas Makes Headway
- Untapped Senior Demographic Offers Huge Potential
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Focus Shifts Further Towards Healthy Living, Natural Remedies and Mental Health
- Focus on Prevention Rather Than Curative Products Drives Herbal Sales in the Pursuit of Healthy Living
- Fickle Customers Heighten the Threat of Private Label To Established Players
- Pharmacies Struggle To Remain Relevant As Supermarkets Rule
- Nhs Cost-cutting Expected To Boost OTC Sales As Brexit Looms in the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources