Dietary Supplements in Norway
Dietary supplements saw only marginal growth during 2018, as Norwegians were inundated with stories in the media at the beginning of the review period asserting the lack of effects of many dietary supplements. However, a higher rate of growth is expected in the forecast period in value terms at constant 2018 prices. Many categories have become rather outdated, with fewer product launches and declining distribution, particularly within categories in herbal/traditional dietary supplements, such as...
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in Norway report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS IN NORWAY
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Dietary Supplements Sees Sluggish Growth Due To Scepticism and Withdrawals
- Mineral Supplements and Tonics Are Set To Drive Sales in the Forecast Period
- Digestive Remedies Containing Fibre Are Expected To Perform Well
- Competitive Landscape
- Orkla Care Continues To Lead Dietary Supplements
- Private Label Is Growing
- Differences Between Dietary Supplements and OTC Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Modest Growth Due To Maturity
- Demographic Trends and the Weather Affect Sales of Consumer Health Products
- Norwegians Are Reluctant To Try New Brands in OTC Categories
- Store-based Retailing Remains the Main Channel; Albeit Internet Retailing Is Growing
- Most Trends Are Projected To Continue Throughout the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources