Dietary Supplements in Kenya
Dietary supplements remained a much smaller category compared to vitamins in terms of value and volume sales, dominated by herbal/traditional products with an increasing number of consumers self-diagnosing and identifying their specific health requirements online. While herbal/traditional products supported value growth for the overall category, volume sales stagnated. On the other hand, more niche areas such as calcium supplements recorded a strong performance, partly driven by an ageing popula...
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in Kenya report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Dietary Supplements in Kenya
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Greater Trust and Education Needed To Encourage Greater Uptake of Dietary Supplements
- New Act To Address Counterfeit Sales To Be Introduced
- Mid-income Millennials More Confident About Shopping Online Supporting Rising Interest in Internet Retailing
- Competitive Landscape
- Greater Consolidation Amongst Players Offers Barrier of Entry To Smaller Brands
- Despite Segmentation, General Health Is Most Popular Positioning
- Players Increase Advertising Spend To Promote Benefits of Dietary Supplements
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Ongoing Demand for Consumer Health Driven by Growing Mid-income Segment and More Affordable Generics for Less Affluent Kenyans
- Country Continues To Look To Parallel Imports for Affordable Generics Despite Local Manufacturers Supplying High Share of Rx Products To Region
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Leads Fragmented Competitive Landscape
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains Dominant Distribution Channel But Mobile Apps Offer Consumers Innovative Way To Locate Certain Products
- Consumer Health To Record Positive Performance Supported by Greater Uptake of Affordable Generics
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources