Dietary Supplements in Japan
Eye health supplements continued to see the strongest growth within dietary supplements in 2018, mainly supported by the success of Fancl Corp’s eye supplement, Enkin series. Since the launch of this product in 2015, it has contributed to increasing awareness of the importance of eye health amongst consumers and making them realise that eye fatigue can be relieved by taking dietary supplements. Initially, the product was targeted towards the older generation, which often struggles with vision. H...
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Eye Health Supplements Continues To Grow
- the Ageing of the Population Is A Key Driver of Growth
- Functional Claim Approval Critical for Success
- Competitive Landscape
- Suntory Wellness Continues To Lead Dietary Supplements
- Small Players Enter the Market With New Dosing Formats
- Products Targeting the Older Population
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- the Healthy Living Mindset Spreads, Leading To Growth in Sports Nutrition
- Disappointing Impact of the New Tax System on OTC Products
- Players Offering Switched OTC Products Enjoy Growth
- Internet Retailing Rises, Whilst Drugstores/parapharmacies Continues To Lead
- Continued Growth Is Expected, As Consumers' Health Concerns Rise
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources