Dietary Supplements in Ireland
Dietary supplements continued to record a positive performance overall in 2019, with increasing demand for certain supplements that support an ageing population in Ireland. Co-enzyme Q10, glucosamine and eye health supplements all continued to experience strong volume growth. Co-enzyme in particular, is beneficial for reducing signs of ageing, protecting heart health and cognitive behaviour. Glucosamine, growing from a low sales base, is beneficial for bone and joint health, supporting the risin...
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in Ireland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Dietary Supplements in Ireland
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Ageing Population Supports Demand for Smaller Supplement Types
- Strong Opportunities for Further Segmentation But Combination Dietary Supplements Increases in Popularity
- Strong Performance for Protein Supplements Supported by Consumers' Changing Lifestyles and Diets
- Competitive Landscape
- Seven Seas Loses Leadership To Valeo Healthcare
- Strong Performance by Irish Player Galway Natural Health Sales
- Younger Consumers Look To Social Media Influencers More Than Medical Professionals for Advice on Dietary Supplements
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Ongoing Stable Demand for Consumer Health in Ireland Supported by Polarised Consumer Groups
- Growing Interest in Vegetarian and Vegan Lifestyles Supports Demand for Alternative Sources of Protein
- Global Players Continue To Lead Consumer Health
- Internet Retailing Continues To Gain Ground As Distribution Channel
- Positive Performance for Consumer Health Predicted Although Several Negative Factors Could Impact Demand for Certain Products
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources