Dietary Supplements in Belgium
In 2018, there was debate over whether dietary supplements appeared to be less scrutinised by the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) and local authorities, or if it was the growing ingenuity of players to efficiently adapt to EFSA constraints. Whatever the response, the outlook for dietary supplements has improved on what was originally predicted in the middle of the review period.
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in Belgium report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS IN BELGIUM
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Players Appear To Face Pressure From Efsa
- Some Products Remain Under Scrutiny
- Reduced Lifecycles and Competition From Other Products
- Competitive Landscape
- Mixed Results for Leader Merck Consumer Healthcare
- Femannose Contributes To Dynamism of Women's Health
- Medium-sized and Local Players More Reactive
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Fish Oils/Omega Fatty Acids by Type: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Differing Fates for OTC Products and Other Consumer Health
- Non-otc Products Also Have Their Own Constraints
- Generic, Medium-sized And/or Local Manufacturers Fare Better Than Ethical Multinationals
- Movement Within Distribution
- Manufacturers Remain Wary of Future Legislation
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources