Dietary Supplements in Australia
February 2019 saw the Medical Board of Australia launch a public consultation on the regulation of alternative medicine practitioners, specifically those who provide complementary, unconventional and emerging treatments. This comes in response to growing concerns over alleged unethical behaviour by health practitioners and the need for additional guidance for medical practitioners to support safe practice and ensure safeguards for patients. This follows the Government’s removal of private health...
Euromonitor International's Dietary Supplements in Australia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Dietary Supplements in Australia
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Impending Regulation of Alternative Medicine Practitioners To Influence Sales of Dietary Supplements
- Sales Growth in Fish Oils/omega Fatty Acids Marginally Slower in 2019
- Product Positioned As Calming, Soothing and Promoting Relaxation Continue To Boom
- Competitive Landscape
- Swisse Remains the Most Popular Brand in Dietary Supplements
- Immune System Support Continues To Attract the Attention of Many Consumers
- Probiotics Remain Among the Most Popular Dietary Supplements for Australians
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Positive Growth in Consumer Health As Rising Spending and Stressful Lifestyles Underpin Demand
- Maturity in Various Key Categories Continues To Suppress Sales Growth
- Strong Local Companies Vie With Major Multinational Pharma Players for Leadership
- Few Changes Seen As Retail Distribution Remains Stable
- Positive Growth To Be Based on Population Growth, Rising Incomes and Innovation
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources