Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-To-Wear) in South Africa
International luxury brands often use Sandton City as their first foray into Africa, as it is regarded as a luxury shopping hub and has a well-established retail infrastructure. High net worth individuals from countries like Nigeria, Angola and Mozambique constitute an important client base for South African luxury retailers. However, the local and regional economic environment, characterised by low growth, foreign exchange controls and low consumer confidence, limits growth. Economic uncertaint...
Euromonitor International's Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Designer Apparel (Ready-to-Wear), Designer Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DESIGNER APPAREL AND FOOTWEAR (READY-TO-WEAR) IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Challenging Economic Environment Restricts Growth
- Multibrand Stores Dominate
- the Rising Local Middle Class Balances Domestic and International Expenditure
- Competitive Landscape
- Surtee Group Maintains Its Lead
- Internet Retailing Still in Its Infancy...
- ...and May Struggle To Replicate the In-store Experience and Service
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear): % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear): % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Designer Apparel and Footwear (Ready-to-Wear) by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Lower Total Value Growth Registered in Luxury Goods in 2017
- No Major Brand Launches
- Luxury Goods Remains Highly Fragmented
- Non-grocery Specialists Continues To Dominate the Distribution of Luxury Goods
- Luxury Goods Expected To Decline Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources