Dermatologicals in the United Kingdom
Changing consumer spending patterns due to the emergence of COVID-19 at the end of Q1 had a positive impact on sales of dermatologicals in the UK. Demand for topical germicidals/antiseptics experienced a notable increase in 2020 as consumers purchased products with antibiotic qualities to ensure proper treatment of infections and wounds as a precautionary measure against the virus. Parents’ stockpiling of nappy (diaper) rash treatments in Q1 also had a positive impact on a category that was expe...
Euromonitor International's Dermatologicals in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antiparasitics/Lice (Head and Body) Treatments, Antipruritics, Cold Sore Treatments, Haemorrhoid Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Medicated Shampoos, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Topical Allergy Remedies/Antihistamines, Topical Antifungals, Topical Germicidals/Antiseptics, Vaginal Antifungals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dermatologicals market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Dermatologicals in the United Kingdom
- Euromonitor International
- October 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Early stockpiling and precautionary measures against COVID-19 improve overall performance of dermatologicals
- Antifungals and antipruritics benefit from COVID-19-related lifestyle changes
- Intense competition amongst leading players but a leaning towards more natural products benefits smaller brands within paediatric segment
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Future growth is expected from paediatric dermatologicals, haemorrhoid treatments and antiparasitics/lice treatments
- Warmer weather in the UK could continue to influence positive demand for a number of dermatologicals over the forecast period
- Distribution channels shifts could lead to further share gain for e-commerce
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Hair Loss Treatments: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on consumer health
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2015-2020
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources