Dermatologicals in the United Kingdom
In 2018, the NHS announced that around GBP136 million a year is spent on prescriptions that could be bought OTC. As the NHS comes under increasing financial and resources pressure due to further budget cuts, a decision was therefore made to cut back on Rx treatments routinely prescribed by GPs. A full list of which exact medicines was released by the NHS this year, which includes treatments for anti-fungal, nappy rash, head lice, haemorrhoids, athletes foot, cold sores, and insect bites. The NHS...
Euromonitor International's Dermatologicals in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antiparasitics/Lice (Head and Body) Treatments, Antipruritics, Cold Sore Treatments, Haemorrhoid Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Medicated Shampoos, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Topical Allergy Remedies/Antihistamines, Topical Antifungals, Topical Germicidals/Antiseptics, Vaginal Antifungals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dermatologicals market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Dermatologicals in the United Kingdom
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Nhs Cost-cutting on Rx for Minor Health Concerns Continues To Influence OTC Sales
- Seasonality Remains As One of the Biggest Drivers of Dermatologicals
- Paediatric Dermatologicals Continues To See Growth From Natural Brands
- Competitive Landscape
- Brand Activity Rises As Competition Intensifies Within Antifungal Treatments
- Lack of Brand Innovation and Product Development Within Antiseptics, Cold Sore and Hair Loss Treatments
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Hair Loss Treatments: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Physical and Mental Wellbeing Is on the British Agenda
- Health and Wellness Slowly Re-shapes Consumer Health Industry
- Price-conscious Consumers Reach for Private Label
- British Purchase Supplements Through Specialist Non-grocery Retailers and E-commerce
- Health and Wellness and Brexit Will Shape Consumer Health Industry
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventative Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources