Dermatologicals in the United Kingdom
The UK’s NHS is under increasing financial and resources pressure with budgets being cut and public demand for services soaring. Facing these challenges, and in order to guarantee its future, the NHS is promoting a nationwide self-care initiative to reduce the strain of dealing with minor ailments and enable the allocation of scarce resources to those patients who really need professional help. The self-care push is already contributing to significant value growth in antipruritics, with consumer...
Euromonitor International's Dermatologicals in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antiparasitics/Lice (Head and Body) Treatments, Antipruritics, Cold Sore Treatments, Haemorrhoid Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Medicated Shampoos, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Topical Allergy Remedies/Antihistamines, Topical Antifungals, Topical Germicidals/Antiseptics, Vaginal Antifungals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dermatologicals market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DERMATOLOGICALS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Consumer Switch From Rx To OTC Antipruritics Drives Significant Growth
- Natural Products Continue To Drive Growth in Paediatric Dermatologicals
- Competitive Landscape
- A Lack of Innovation and New Product Development Negatively Impacts Cold Sore Treatments and Antiseptics
- Cosmetic Brands Pose A Significant Threat To Medicated Hair Loss Treatments
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Hair Loss Treatments: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Focus Shifts Further Towards Healthy Living, Natural Remedies and Mental Health
- Focus on Prevention Rather Than Curative Products Drives Herbal Sales in the Pursuit of Healthy Living
- Fickle Customers Heighten the Threat of Private Label To Established Players
- Pharmacies Struggle To Remain Relevant As Supermarkets Rule
- Nhs Cost-cutting Expected To Boost OTC Sales As Brexit Looms in the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources