Dermatologicals in South Korea
Dermatologicals saw a slight current value decline in 2019, although differences were seen between categories. Categories which are squarely OTC, such as antipruritics and haemorrhoid treatments, saw current value declines in 2019. Meanwhile, dermatologicals categories which are in the blurred area between OTC and beauty and personal care, such as medicated shampoos and hair loss treatments, saw more potential, with low but positive current value growth in 2019.
Euromonitor International's Dermatologicals in South Korea report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antiparasitics/Lice (Head and Body) Treatments, Antipruritics, Cold Sore Treatments, Haemorrhoid Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Medicated Shampoos, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Topical Allergy Remedies/Antihistamines, Topical Antifungals, Topical Germicidals/Antiseptics, Vaginal Antifungals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Dermatologicals market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Dermatologicals in South Korea
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Differences in Performances, With Haemorrhoid Treatments Particularly Suffering
- Branding Affects Dermatologicals, With Advertising An Important Factor
- Cosmetics Manufacturers and Brands Act As Disruptors, Hampering Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Fucidin and Madecassol Lead Dermatologicals With Product and Packaging Innovation
- After A Meteoric Rise, Fulcare Sees A Declining Share
- Competitive Landscape Shows Little Movement, With No Private Label Presence
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Dermatologicals: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Hair Loss Treatments: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dermatologicals by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Growth Continues, But Slows Due To Increasing Maturity
- Product Development Important To Maintain Consumers' Interest
- Meeting the Needs of Local Consumers Ensures the Lead of Local Players
- Stricter Control on OTC Distribution Than Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
- Innovation and the Health Trend Will Ensure Continued Growth Despite Maturity
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources