Depilatories in the United Kingdom
In the UK, depilatories saw yet another year of disappointing performance in 2018, with every category facing contracting growth in both value and volume terms. With shaving and at-home hair removal often considered as inconvenient and time consuming, British consumers are increasingly edging towards longer-lasting or permanent solutions, such as professional waxing and laser hair removal. Many beauty salons are beginning to offer promotions and discounts, which in combination with rising dispos...
Euromonitor International's Depilatories in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hair Removers/Bleaches, Women's Pre-Shave, Women's Razors and Blades.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Depilatories market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Depilatories in the United Kingdom
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Depilatories Declines As Consumers Opt for Longer-term Solutions
- Acceptance of Body Hair Is Encouraged
- Room for Innovation in Razors and Blades
- Competitive Landscape
- Major Players Continue To Hold the Dominant Value Share
- Perception of Private Label Quality Rises
- Competition Intensifies As Subscription Players Land in the UK
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Women's Razors and Blades by Type: % Value Breakdown 2014-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Depilatories: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Depilatories: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Despite Its Slowdown, the Beauty and Personal Care Market in the UK Remains Dynamic
- British Consumers Are Looking To Buy Better in An Uncertain Economic Context
- L'oréal and Estée Lauder Maintain Leading Positions
- Natural and Clean Beauty Is Becoming Industry Standard
- Brexit Remains the Main Challenge for the Industry
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources