Depilatories in India
Over most of the review period, double-digit growth was seen in depilatories in India in both retail volume and current value terms, owing to the expanding young population and increasing concern about appearance and personal hygiene. However, in 2020 the category turned to significant current value decline, although it should be noted that despite seeing a slower rise in sales than before, solid growth continued in volume terms, with the value decline therefore due solely to falling unit prices...
Euromonitor International's Depilatories in India report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2016-2020, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hair Removers/Bleaches, Women's Pre-Shave, Women's Razors and Blades.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Depilatories market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Depilatories in India
- Euromonitor International
- April 2021
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- DEPILATORIES IN INDIA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Falling prices lead to value decline, but volume growth remains solid
- More people turn to at-home products rather than salons in the wake of COVID-19
- Reckitt Benckiser extends its lead by catering to different consumer needs
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Return to stronger growth as more consumers try DIY solutions
- As Western culture takes hold, penetration is set to increase in urban areas
- The competition will remain strong for depilatories
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Depilatories: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Depilatories: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- BEAUTY AND PERSONAL CARE IN INDIA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on beauty and personal care
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for beauty and personal care?
- CHART 1 Beauty and Personal Care Value Sales Growth Scenarios: 2018-2025
- CHART 2 Beauty and Personal Care Impact of Soft Drivers on Value Sales: 2017-2025
- MARKET DATA
- Table 7 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 12 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources