Depilatories in the US
Although depilatories is still a billion dollar category, it is struggling. Depilatories is experiencing some of the same issues plaguing the men’s shaving category, namely a consumer shift toward other means of hair removal. One factor is the growing demand for professional hair removal services in the form of laser hair removal and waxing. A second driver is the small but notable growth in the demand for women’s electric shavers as a substitute for depilatories, further hampering sales.
Euromonitor International's Depilatories in USA report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hair Removers/Bleaches, Women's Pre-Shave, Women's Razors and Blades.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Depilatories market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- DEPILATORIES IN THE US
- Euromonitor International
- May 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Women's Shaving Continues To Struggle in the US
- Cost, Convenience and Benefits Drive Sales in A Declining Category
- Natural-positioned Depilatories Have Room for Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Shave Clubs for Women Enter the Market, Disrupting the Category
- the Leading Subscription Players
- Continued Growth for Shave Clubs
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Women's Razors and Blades by Type: % Value Breakdown 2013-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Depilatories: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Depilatories: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- the Concept of Natural Taps Into Different Areas, Lacking A Standard Definition
- Established Brands Invest in Emerging, Indie and Niche Products
- Trending Ingredients Heavily Feature in New Launches Across Categories
- Millennials' Purchasing Power Increases, Driving Trends
- Internet Retailing Grows in Significance
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources