Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Uruguay
Cough remedies remained the second largest category in terms of value sales in 2019. Its current value growth accelerated over the review period, driven by increased investment in advertising and promotion, especially by three of the leading players: J Jime´nez Cabrera (Laboratorios Gautier), Sanofi-Aventis Uruguay, and Laboratorio Celsius. ACF 4 NF, Bisolvon, Roemmers’ Abrilar and Bequisan were among the most popular brands of cough remedies in Uruguay over the year, largely because they are al...
Euromonitor International's Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antihistamines/Allergy Remedies (Systemic), Combination Products - Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Cough Remedies, Decongestants, Medicated Confectionery, Paediatric Cough, Cold and Allergy Remedies, Pharyngeal Preparations.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (hay Fever) Remedies in Uruguay
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Increased Investment in Advertising and Promotion Accelerates Demand for Cough Remedies
- Resistance To Flu Vaccine and Colder Weather Translate Into Higher Demand for Cough and Cold Remedies
- Air Pollution Exacerbates the Needs for Inhalant Decongestants and Antihistamines
- Competitive Landscape
- Roemmers Increases Its Leading Value Share Due To Increased Demand for Its Popular Abrilar Brand With Herbal Extracts
- High Quality and Strong Brand Recognition Help Sanofi-aventis and Laboratorios Gautier Maintain Their Leading Positions
- Large Size and Constant Demand for Cough, Cold and Hay Fever Remedies Leads To Intensified Competition Among Existing Players
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Improving Economy Reflected in Higher Value Growth
- OTC Relatively Undeveloped in Uruguay, As Health Ministry Has Stricter Regulations Than in Other Countries Such As Neighbouring Argentina
- While Domestic Companies Struggle To Compete With Multinational Players, Consumer Trust and Government-backed Mega Pharma Support Their Development
- Chemists/pharmacies Continues To Lose Ground To Non-store Channels and Vitamins and Dietary Specialists
- Consumer Healthcare Is Set To See Significantly Higher Growth in Most Categories Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources