Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Kenya
Kenyans are increasingly researching their symptoms online and against official general warnings, are making use of self-medication OTC medicine in addition to traditional natural remedies as part of a focus on leading healthier lifestyles. This approach is in part due to the wish to avoid the cost of medical care in the country; instead of paying for consultation fees, consumers would rather first research or ask the advice of a pharmacist in relation to less serious illnesses. This is leading...
Euromonitor International's Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Kenya report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antihistamines/Allergy Remedies (Systemic), Combination Products - Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Cough Remedies, Decongestants, Medicated Confectionery, Paediatric Cough, Cold and Allergy Remedies, Pharyngeal Preparations.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Cough, Cold and Allergy (hay Fever) Remedies in Kenya
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Kenyans Attempt To Avoid Costly Trips To Doctors Through Self-medication and Research
- Consumers Increasingly Looking To Cough/cold Remedies As First Line of Defence
- Traditional Use of Natural Alternative Remedies Could Halt Category's Further Potential
- Competitive Landscape
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Holds Convincing Lead Over Local Player
- Players Capitalise on Kenyans' Appreciation of Natural Ingredients
- More Positive Outlook for Paediatric Cough/cold Remedies As Producers Aim To Make Dosing Easier for Parents
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Ongoing Demand for Consumer Health Driven by Growing Mid-income Segment and More Affordable Generics for Less Affluent Kenyans
- Country Continues To Look To Parallel Imports for Affordable Generics Despite Local Manufacturers Supplying High Share of Rx Products To Region
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Leads Fragmented Competitive Landscape
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains Dominant Distribution Channel But Mobile Apps Offer Consumers Innovative Way To Locate Certain Products
- Consumer Health To Record Positive Performance Supported by Greater Uptake of Affordable Generics
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources