Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Uruguay
Winter temperatures decreased in Uruguay over the review period. This drop in temperatures resulted in increased demand for cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies, which was reflected in strong current value growth. Moreover, the distrust of, or lack of, vaccines against the flu also boosted the category’s sales.
Euromonitor International's Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Antihistamines/Allergy Remedies (Systemic), Combination Products - Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Cough Remedies, Decongestants, Medicated Confectionery, Paediatric Cough, Cold and Allergy Remedies, Pharyngeal Preparations.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- COUGH, COLD AND ALLERGY (HAY FEVER) REMEDIES IN URUGUAY
- Euromonitor International
- November 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Winters Became Increasingly Colder Due To Climate Change Over the Review Period
- Cough Remedies Is the Biggest Category in Value Terms
- Competitive Landscape
- J Jiménez Cabrera SA (laboratorios Gautier) Takes Leading Position From Roemmers
- Sanofi-aventis Uruguay Buys Boehringer Ingelheim (uruguay)
- Tradition and Recommendations Are the Main Factors Influencing Choice of Brand
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Slowdown in Economy Reflected in Consumer Health
- Delay of Marijuana Sales at Chemists/pharmacies
- Multinational Companies Lead Consumer Health in Uruguay
- Chemists/pharmacies Is the Main Distribution Channel
- Growth Expectations Remain Low for the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources