Childrenswear in Greece
While childrenswear did not remain unaffected by the pandemic in Greece, it was the most resilient category compared to menswear or womenswear in 2020. Given that children rapidly grow out of their clothing and there are a lot of low-cost children’s everyday wear brands (eg, H&M) available when they need new clothes, Greek parents continued to buy apparel and footwear for their children over the year. A segment that was more affected, though, was occasional wear such as apparel for christenings,...
Euromonitor International's Childrenswear in Greece report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2016-2020 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Baby and Toddler Wear, Boys' Apparel, Girls' Apparel.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Childrenswear market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Childrenswear in Greece
- Euromonitor International
- February 2021
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- As children outgrow their apparel and footwear quickly, demand for childrenswear is less impacted by COVID-19, although clothing for occasional use takes a hit in 2020
- Casual and sports-inspired clothing perform the best in keeping with current trends, but childrenswear overall is negatively impacted by school closures in 2020
- Gravitation away from premium brands towards mass fashion intensifies as consumer income in Greece is further impacted with the onset of COVID-19
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Impact of COVID-19, which further weakens the Greek economy, is expected to prevent a significant or rapid recovery of childrenswear over the forecast period
- Baby and toddler wear will continue to be beset by lower birth rates, as economic conditions exacerbate the trend towards putting off starting a family
- While the shift towards sports apparel will still benefit Nike and adidas, economic constraints are expected lead consumers to choose low-cost brands over others
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 3 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 4 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Childrenswear: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Childrenswear: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on apparel and footwear
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for apparel and footwear?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 11 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 12 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 14 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 17 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 18 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- FACE MASKS
- Summary 1 Fashion Face Masks Usage, Pricing and Market Sizes in Western Europe – 2020
- Summary 2 Research Sources