Cheese in Greece
Feta is set to remain the most popular type of cheese in Greece in 2021, although other cheeses, including goat cheese, are also seeing an increase in popularity due to a growing product variety and still low penetration. Cheese types are expected to become more fragmented in 2021, because most retailers are increasing the variety of cheeses they offer. Nonetheless, domestic cheeses will continue to claim the lion’s share of sales. Higher-income groups will drive demand for imported cheeses, whi...
Euromonitor International's Cheese in Greece report offers in-depth knowledge of the market at a national level, providing local insight and understanding unavailable elsewhere. In addition to the latest retail sales data 2016-2020, it identifies the leading companies, brands and retail outlets, and assesses the key trends and demographic shifts behind consumer demand and sales growth. How key trends such as health and wellness, sustainability and recovery from the pandemic are shaping the market in <|Year|> directly informs our forecasts to 2025, clearly indicating how the market is expected to change.
Product coverage: Hard Cheese, Processed Cheese excl Spreadable, Soft Cheese, Spreadable Cheese.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Cheese market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Cheese in Greece
- Euromonitor International
- September 2021
- List Of Contents And Tables
- CHEESE IN GREECE
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2021 DEVELOPMENTS
- Consumers maintain preference for feta in traditional flavours but packaging becomes more innovative with the pandemic stimulating demand for packaged cheese variants
- Growing momentum for functional/fortified cheese in 2021
- Epirus maintains lead in an increasingly fragmented cheese category in 2021 while new launches focus on nostalgia
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Growing popularity of goat cheese and organic cheese over the forecast period
- Niche cheeses such as reduced salt, reduced fat and functional variants experience rising popularity over the forecast period
- Greater focus on packaging stimulated by hygiene, product freshness and convenience
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2016-2021
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2016-2021
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 6 Sales of Soft Cheese by Type: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 7 Sales of Hard Cheese by Type: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 10 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2021-2026
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2021-2026
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- DAIRY PRODUCTS AND ALTERNATIVES IN GREECE
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Dairy products and alternatives in 2021: The big picture
- Key trends in 2021
- Competitive landscape
- Channel developments
- What next for dairy products and alternatives?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 15 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 16 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 19 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 20 Distribution of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- Summary 1 Research Sources