Cheese in the US
Retail volumes remain in negative figures in cheese in 2023, while value sales are supported by hikes in unit prices. Indeed, 2022 marked a difficult year for consumers, as they saw consistent monthly unit price increases throughout the year, leading many to turn to frugal behaviour such as trading down and the less frequent purchasing of certain products. One of the drivers for the consistent increase in unit prices is, indeed, inflation, which only began cooling in mid-2023. We also note suppl...
Euromonitor International's Cheese in USA report offers in-depth knowledge of the market at a national level, providing local insight and understanding unavailable elsewhere. In addition to the latest retail sales data 2018-2022, it identifies the leading companies, brands and retail outlets, and assesses the key trends and demographic shifts behind consumer demand and sales growth. How key trends such as health and wellness, sustainability and recovery from the pandemic are shaping the market in <|Year|> directly informs our forecasts to 2027, clearly indicating how the market is expected to change.
Product coverage: Hard Cheese, Processed Cheese excl Spreadable, Soft Cheese, Spreadable Cheese.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Cheese market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Cheese in the US
- Euromonitor International
- September 2023
- List Of Contents And Tables
- CHEESE IN THE US
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2023 DEVELOPMENTS
- Volume sales remain in negative figures, while value is supported by price hikes
- Cheese fares well through e-commerce channels
- Precision fermentation enters cheese – to mixed results
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Plant-based and animal-free set to be prevailing buzz words
- Sustainability challenges lie ahead
- Consumer frugality in light of inflationary pressures to impact volumes long term
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2018-2023
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2018-2023
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Sales of Soft Cheese by Type: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Sales of Hard Cheese by Type: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2019-2023
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2020-2023
- Table 10 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2023-2028
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2023-2028
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2023-2028
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2023-2028
- DAIRY PRODUCTS AND ALTERNATIVES IN THE US
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Dairy products and alternatives in 2023: The big picture
- Key trends in 2023
- Competitive landscape
- Channel developments
- What next for dairy products and alternatives?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 15 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 16 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2019-2023
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2020-2023
- Table 19 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 20 Distribution of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Format: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2023-2028
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2023-2028
- Summary 1 Research Sources