Cafés/Bars in Canada
Competition remains fierce in specialist coffee shops in Canada, with this channel also facing strong competition from fast food, with players such as Tim Hortons having a strong focus on quality. The growing need to maintain a point of difference is meanwhile resulting in established players rethinking their strategies. New store concepts are notably being used to attract consumers. Second Cup continued its rebranding in 2015 under the guidance of CEO Alix Box, who formerly worked in marketing...
Euromonitor International's Cafés/Bars in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides foodservice sales, the number of outlets and the number of transactions by sector, allowing you to identify the foodservice sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they eating habits, lifestyle changes, tourism spending or legislative issues. Forecasts to 2020 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Bars/Pubs, Cafés, Chained Cafés/Bars, Independent Cafés/Bars, Juice/Smoothie Bars, Specialist Coffee Shops.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Cafés/Bars market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- CAFÉS/BARS IN CANADA
- Euromonitor International
- June 2016
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Competitive Landscape
- Category Data
- Table 1 Cafés/Bars by Category: Units/Outlets 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: Number of Transactions 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: Foodservice Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Cafés/Bars by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: % Transaction Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 GBO Company Shares in Chained Cafés/Bars: % Foodservice Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Cafés/Bars: % Foodservice Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Cafés/Bars by Category: Units/Outlets 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: Number of Transactions 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: Foodservice Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Cafés/Bars by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: % Transaction Growth 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales in Cafés/Bars by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2015-2020
- Executive Summary
- Steady Growth Maintained in 2015
- Millennials' Demands Encourage Brand Reinvention
- Leading Chains Benefit From Strength in Franchising
- Independents Struggle As Competition Intensifies
- Forecast Period To See Focus on Premiumisation, Ethics and Convenience
- Key Trends and Developments
- Currency Fluctuations Impact Domestic Consumers But Attract Tourists
- Smartphones and Social Media Encourage Shift in Strategies
- Population Ageing Encourages Focus on Health and Vegetarian Options
- Players Respond To Millennials' Taste for Adventure and Authenticity
- Operating Environment
- Eating Culture
- Market Data
- Table 15 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2010-2015
- Table 16 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2010-2015
- Table 17 Consumer Foodservice by Independent vs Chained: Units/Outlets 2015
- Table 18 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Eat-in/Home Delivery/Takeaway/Drive-Through: % Foodservice Value 2015
- Table 19 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Food vs Drinks Split: % Foodservice Value 2015
- Table 20 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Online/Offline Ordering: % Foodservice Value 2015
- Table 21 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Location: % Foodservice Value 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: Units/Outlets 2015
- Table 25 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2015-2020
- Table 26 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 1 Research Sources