Butter and Spreads in Japan
Butter is set to continue to decline in both retail volume and current value terms in 2022. This is mainly due to sales normalising from 2020, when butter posted the strongest double-digit growth over the review period, driven by consumers spending more time at home due to COVID-19. Demand for butter soared, especially during the early stages of the pandemic in 2020, with people spending more time cooking and baking at home due to the closure of schools and businesses. School closures especially...
Euromonitor International's Butter and Spreads in Japan report offers in-depth knowledge of the market at a national level, providing local insight and understanding unavailable elsewhere. In addition to the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, it identifies the leading companies, brands and retail outlets, and assesses the key trends and demographic shifts behind consumer demand and sales growth. How key trends such as health and wellness, sustainability and recovery from the pandemic are shaping the market in <|Year|> directly informs our forecasts to 2026, clearly indicating how the market is expected to change.
Product coverage: Butter, Cooking Fats, Margarine and Spreads.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Butter and Spreads market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Butter and Spreads in Japan
- Euromonitor International
- September 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- BUTTER AND SPREADS IN JAPAN
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Butter declines due to diminishing interest in home cooking and baking
- Temporary uptick in margarine and spreads ends
- Megmilk Snow Brand and Meiji continue to invest in revitalising margarine and spreads
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Butter expected to maintain a positive performance
- Continued shift from margarine and spreads to butter expected
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Volume 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 3 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2017-2022
- Table 4 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Butter and Spreads: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Butter and Spreads: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 7 Distribution of Butter and Spreads by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Volume 2022-2027
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2022-2027
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CHART 1 Dairy Products and Alternatives Value Sales Growth Scenarios: 2020-2027
- CHART 2 Dairy Products and Alternatives Impact of Drivers on Value Sales: 2020-2027
- DAIRY PRODUCTS AND ALTERNATIVES IN JAPAN
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Dairy products and alternatives in 2022: The big picture
- Key trends in 2022
- Competitive landscape
- Channel developments
- What next for dairy products and alternatives?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 12 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 13 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Distribution of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- Summary 1 Research Sources