Butter and Spreads in Italy
In 2022, retail volume and current value sales of butter are set to stabilise. Growth is transversal across types, but traditional butter is well placed to see the best results in terms of sales growth. During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, consumers found or rediscovered a passion for cooking/baking and the demand for quality butter increased. COVID-19 in Italy saw sales increase strongly as consumers stocked up on butter, in line with a home cooking/baking trend during lockdown. Followin...
Euromonitor International's Butter and Spreads in Italy report offers in-depth knowledge of the market at a national level, providing local insight and understanding unavailable elsewhere. In addition to the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, it identifies the leading companies, brands and retail outlets, and assesses the key trends and demographic shifts behind consumer demand and sales growth. How key trends such as health and wellness, sustainability and recovery from the pandemic are shaping the market in <|Year|> directly informs our forecasts to 2026, clearly indicating how the market is expected to change.
Product coverage: Butter, Cooking Fats, Margarine and Spreads.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Butter and Spreads market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Butter and Spreads in Italy
- Euromonitor International
- September 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- BUTTER AND SPREADS IN ITALY
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Retail sales of butter resume pre-pandemic patterns as social conditions return to normal
- Healthier perception and greater versatility of butter limit interest in margarine
- Lactose-free butter piques the interest of health-conscious consumers
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Consumers expected to respond positively to higher-quality butter offer
- Premiumisation through health and wellness set to add value to butter
- Health awareness and on-the-go trends poised to accelerate downsizing strategies
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Volume 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 3 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2017-2022
- Table 4 Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Butter and Spreads: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Butter and Spreads: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 7 Distribution of Butter and Spreads by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Volume 2022-2027
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2022-2027
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Butter and Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CHART 1 Dairy Products and Alternatives Value Sales Growth Scenarios: 2020-2027
- CHART 2 Dairy Products and Alternatives Impact of Drivers on Value Sales: 2020-2027
- DAIRY PRODUCTS AND ALTERNATIVES IN ITALY
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Dairy products and alternatives in 2022: The big picture
- Key trends in 2022
- Competitive landscape
- Channel developments
- What next for dairy products and alternatives?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 12 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 13 Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Dairy Products and Alternatives: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Distribution of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Dairy Products and Alternatives by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- Summary 1 Research Sources