Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Ireland
Apparel and footwear specialist retailers saw another year of strong current value growth in 2019, although outlet numbers continued to decline. Due to the ever-increasing competition from other retail channels, especially e-commerce, over the forecast period the number of apparel and footwear specialists in Ireland is expected to continue to decline, although despite this, current value sales are expected to continue to rise. Many established apparel and footwear specialist retailers have adapt...
Euromonitor International's Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Ireland report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector insight. Channels include hypermarkets, supermarkets, discounters, convenience stores, mixed retailers, health and beauty retailers, clothing and footwear retailers, furniture and furnishing stores, DIY and hardware stores, durable goods retailers, leisure and personal goods retailers. There are profiles of leading retailers, with analysis of their performance and the challenges they face. There is also analysis of non-store retailing: vending; homeshopping; internet retailing; direct selling, as available.
Product coverage: Non-Grocery Specialists.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Ireland
- Euromonitor International
- February 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Outlet numbers expected to decline as many retailers concentrate on e-commerce
- Penneys bucks the trend by not offering e-commerce
- Brexit could represent a threat, given the presence of several UK retailers
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Penneys from Primark Stores continues to see growth despite no new outlets
- Victoria’s Secret opens its first store, but other US retail brands struggle
- The ups and downs of European players
- CHANNEL DATA
- Table 1 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space 2014-2019
- Table 2 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space: % Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers GBO Company Shares: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers GBN Brand Shares: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers LBN Brand Shares: Outlets 2016-2019
- Table 6 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers LBN Brand Shares: Selling Space 2016-2019
- Table 7 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers Forecasts: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space 2019-2024
- Table 8 Apparel And Footwear Specialist Retailers Forecasts: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space: % Growth 2019-2024
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer confidence positively impacts retail sales
- Retailers concerned as Brexit negotiations are underway and uncertainty remains
- E-commerce drives growth, but hampers growth in some other channels
- Some channels are highly competitive in Ireland
- Retailing expected to perform well, but challenges and changes are anticipated
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
- Informal retailing
- Opening hours
- Summary 1 Standard Opening Hours by Channel Type 2019
- Physical retail landscape
- Cash and carry
- Payments and delivery
- Emerging business models
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales in Retailing by Store-based vs Non-Store: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales in Retailing by Store-based vs Non-Store: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales in Store-based Retailing by Channel: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Sales in Store-based Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Store-based Retailing Outlets by Channel: Units 2014-2019
- Table 14 Store-based Retailing Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Sales in Non-Store Retailing by Channel: Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Sales in Non-Store Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 17 Grocery Retailers: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space 2014-2019
- Table 18