Analgesics in Taiwan
Although Taiwanese people have traditionally consumed high volumes of analgesics, rising health awareness has led to rising concerns about the potential side-effects of painkillers on the stomach and kidneys. This continued to suppress sales growth in analgesics in 2018 and aspirin in particular is likely to continue recording falling demand over the forecast period. Although the long-term safety of aspirin and other types of systemic analgesics is still under question, falling demand is not exp...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Taiwan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN TAIWAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Sales Growth in Analgesics Slowing Down As These Products Are Seen As Unhealthy
- Topical Analgesics Set To Remain the Dominant Analgesics Category
- Acetaminophen Remains the Most Popular Category of Systemic Analgesics
- Competitive Landscape
- Leading Player GlaxoSmithKline Remains Well Out in Front
- Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic Brands Round Out the Top Five Names in Analgesics
- Advertising Campaigns Featuring Doctors Remain A Popular Form of Marketing
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Pending OTC Switches Remain in the Pipeline Due To Medical Community Opposition
- Sales Growth Boosted by Increasingly Busy Lifestyles Among Urban Consumers
- Leading Brands Face Competition From Private Labels of Drugstores/parapharmacies
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers Dominant in the Distribution of Consumer Health
- Rising Interest in Self-medication To Support Sales Growth in Consumer Health
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources