Analgesics in South Korea
The outbreak of COVID-19 encouraged consumers to purchase analgesics in Q1 and Q2 of 2020, through fear of catching the virus, with many consumers concerned that the pandemic would cause supply issues. This is set to result in positive value growth for acetaminophen and ibuprofen, with adult aspirin moving from negative growth in 2019 to predicted positive growth in 2020. During Q1 and Q2, supply could not always meet the heightened demand in South Korea, and many pharmacies run out of stock. Ho...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in South Korea report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Analgesics in South Korea
- Euromonitor International
- November 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- The outbreak of COVID-19 encourages sales of analgesics, with positive results for aspirin
- Less visits to the doctor leads to a decline in Rx prescriptions of analgesics, boosting sales for OTC options
- The outbreak of COVID-19 leads to a strong performance for Tylenol and Advil, while domestic players focus on specific-needs to boost sales
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Sales recover as value growth remains steady across the forecast period, boosted by consumers growing knowledge of OTC analgesics
- Topical analgesics/anaesthetic recovers in 2021, before recording high growth across the forecast period
- Slow product development will stifle growth over the forecast period, as the landscape faces maturity
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on consumer health
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources