Analgesics in South Korea
Whilst sales during the flu season and emergency-use purchases remain the main revenue sources for analgesics, environmental issues also influence demand for analgesics. With air pollution becoming more severe, and extremely cold winters in the country, the resultant frequent health issues require the use of OTC analgesics. Although analgesics do not cure bronchial problems or infections, throat pain and fever can be treated with such products, leading to strong current value growth in 2019.
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in South Korea report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Analgesics in South Korea
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Harsh Environment Positively Affects Demand for Analgesics
- Patch Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic Dominates Due To Efficacy
- New Products Come in Liquid/gel Format and Tailored To Distribution Channels
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Manufacturers Enjoy A Strong Presence in Analgesics
- Slow New Product Development in Analgesics Due To Maturity
- Acetaminophen Er Products Face Safety Concerns
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Growth Continues, But Slows Due To Increasing Maturity
- Product Development Important To Maintain Consumers' Interest
- Meeting the Needs of Local Consumers Ensures the Lead of Local Players
- Stricter Control on OTC Distribution Than Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
- Innovation and the Health Trend Will Ensure Continued Growth Despite Maturity
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources