Analgesics in South Africa
The South African economy is now officially in recession, declining by 0.7% between January and March 2017. With falling disposable incomes and high unemployment, as well as declining consumer confidence for 12 consecutive quarters, the retail environment has been very challenging. Consumers are cutting down on non-essential items, and while previously middle-to-higher-income groups were viewed as being more resilient, the last few quarters have seen consumers in these income brackets also reini...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Challenging Economic Climate Forces Consumers To Seek Value for Money
- Move Towards Self-medication, Especially for Minor Ailments
- Competitive Landscape
- Adcock Ingram Remains the Clear Category Leader
- Niche Private Label Lines
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Self-medication and Challenging Economic Climate Impact Growth
- Uncertainty Persists Surrounding Amendments To the Complementary and Alternative Medicines (cams) Act
- Adcock Ingram Maintains Its Leading Position in A Fragmented Industry
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Leading Distribution Channel
- Health and Wellness and Self-medication Trends Open Up New Opportunities for Consumer Health Players
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources