Analgesics in Saudi Arabia
Self-medication in Saudi Arabia, especially for mild to moderate pain, is very common. Consumers choose to go to the nearest pharmacy and ask the pharmacist’s advice or to pick up their preferred analgesic drug to treat themselves first before visiting a doctor. The latter fact has maintained sales growth in the analgesics category in Saudi Arabia. Additionally, it is common for doctors in the country to prescribe one or more analgesic drugs along with the main treatment. Moreover, consumers pre...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Saudi Arabia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN SAUDI ARABIA
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Consumers Prefer Self-medication for Minor Pain Treatment
- Cream/gel Is the Most Preferred Format Among Consumers in Saudi Arabia
- Parents Seek Pharmacists' Recommendations First
- Competitive Landscape
- Increased Competition Is Expected To Drive Growth in Analgesics
- Consumers Prefer A Doctor's Prescription for OTC Triptans
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc Continues To Lead Analgesics
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Continues To Grow, With Sleep Aids Particularly Dynamic
- the General Authority of Sports Starts Licensing Female Gyms
- Increasing Competitive Environment Between International and Local Brands
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Leading Distribution Channel
- Saudi Vision 2030 - Guidelines for Consumer Health Future
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources