Analgesics in Portugal
Analgesics has been positively impacted by the emergence of the pandemic in Portugal with 2020 seeing a surge in demand for the most popular type, acetaminophen, due to some stockpiling. Acetaminophen is considered a universal painkiller by many consumers and tends to be recommended in the first instance to treat a range of ailments. As it has also been recommended to address various symptoms of COVID-19, demand has continued to increase into 2021 and remains top of mind amongst Portuguese consu...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2016-2020, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Analgesics in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- October 2021
- List Of Contents And Tables
- ANALGESICS IN PORTUGAL
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2021 DEVELOPMENTS
- Acetaminophen continues to drive demand
- Social distancing reduces spread of other viruses including colds, limiting demand for other types of analgesics
- Main players adapt their strategies to new constraints
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- New habits likely to further limit spread of viruses over early part of forecast period
- Poor growth perspectives due to maturity
- Competitors expected to invest in new products
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN PORTUGAL
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2021: The big picture
- 2021 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2016-2021
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2016-2021
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2021
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2020-2021
- Summary 2 Research Sources