Analgesics in Portugal
Portuguese consumers have been opting for stronger products, with this trend expected to continue over the forecast period. In an area reaching saturation, consumers are looking for faster and more efficient formulas. This represents a major opportunity for growth for manufacturers that have already developed stronger references such as Trifène 400, a range extension of Trifène 200. This is expected to have a positive impact on some specific areas such as diclofenac and ibuprofen, which are cons...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Analgesics in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Consumers Seek Stronger and Quicker Pain Relief From Analgesics
- More Active Lifestyles Coupled With Stressful Jobs Supports Demand for Analgesics
- Aspirin Suffers From Research Questioning Its Daily Usage As A Preventative Medicine
- Competitive Landscape
- Gsk Extends Lead Thanks To Its Monopoly Over OTC Diclofenac
- Analgesics Targeted at Specific Conditions Offer Potential
- Ib-u-ron Enters the Market Offering Stronger Pain Relief
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Benefits From Growing Focus on Health and Wellness and Willingness To Self-medicate
- Busy, Urban Lifestyles Driving Demand for Effective OTC Medication
- GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer Combine Businesses To Become Consumer Health Powerhouse
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains Leading Retail Channel Due To Strong Consumer Trust
- Consumer Health Set for New Challenges and Opportunities Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources