Analgesics in Norway
Norway has an ageing population. According to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, 30% of adults suffer from chronic pain, and this becomes more common with increasing age, probably mainly due to increased morbidity, although there is also evidence that the mechanisms which suppress pain, such as endorphins, are less effective at an elderly age, which may contribute to increased pain sensitivity.
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Norway report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN NORWAY
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- the Ageing Population and Prevalence of Chronic Pain at Older Ages Boosts Sales of Adult Analgesics
- Growth of Analgesics Depends on Future Regulations
- Sales of Analgesics Will Grow Faster Outside of Chemists/pharmacists
- Competitive Landscape
- Weifa Remains the Clear Leader
- Private Label and Generics Suffer
- Weifa, Leader in Innovation, Launches A New Product Which Is Absorbed Faster
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Sales Develop in Line With Population Growth
- 2017 Growth in Line With the Review Period
- Healthy Balance Between Domestic and Foreign Players
- Growing Internet Sales Offer Convenience But Pose A Threat To Unwary Customers
- Future Sales of Consumer Health in Line With Population Growth
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2016-2017
- Summary 2 Research Sources