Analgesics in Nigeria
Analgesics accounts for the largest share of drugs produced in Nigeria, due to their availability, widespread and affordability. Local drug manufacturing companies are largely involved in making over-the-counter (OTC) drugs because they have limited capacity to produce prescription medicines. Analgesics are leading the line in terms of usage and buyer behaviour, as many Nigerians face long and arduous work days, which see them regularly resort to analgesics for relieving pain. In order for them...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Nigeria report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN NIGERIA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Arduous Working Conditions Contribute To Use of Painkillers
- Strong Growth Shown by Affordable and Available Acetaminophen
- Other Analgesics Expected To Perform Well
- Competitive Landscape
- Top Three Continue To Dominate Analgesics
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Rapid Change in Urban, Middle-class Population and Youth Dominance Drives Growth in Consumer Health
- Increased Prices of Essential Medications Restricts Growth in 2018, Although Sales Improve Compared To 2017
- Local Players Lead Sales of Consumer Health Products in Nigeria
- Drug Distribution Network in Nigeria and Effect on Human Health
- Strong Growth Expected for Consumer Health in Nigeria Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources