Analgesics in Nigeria
Because of its easy accessibility and painkilling effect for light, undiagnosed ailment and pains, analgesics remains the largest OTC category in Nigeria in value sales terms. Growth is driven by the increasing urban population, among whom many work in stressful conditions that lead to headaches and back pains particularly due to frequently spending time in traffic. Growth is further driven by competition, as there is regular marketing activity by manufacturers as they compete intensely for valu...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Nigeria report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN NIGERIA
- Euromonitor International
- January 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Stress and Marketing Boost Category Sales
- A Better Economic Performance Will Reverse the Category's Fortunes
- Cost, Efficiency and Trust Influence Consumers When Purchasing
- Competitive Landscape
- Emzor Continues To Rank First
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc Strengthens Its Position
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- A Growing, Young, Urban Population Drives Growth for Consumer Health
- the Poor Economy Restricts Growth in 2017, Though Sales Improve From 2016
- Local Players Lead Sales of Consumer Health in Nigeria
- Retail Distribution Is Slowly Moving Away From Traditional Chemists/pharmacies
- A Stronger Performance Is Expected From Consumer Health in Nigeria Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources