Analgesics in the Netherlands
Traditionally, the Dutch have shown greater restraint over the use of medication, which had translated into less frequent use of self-medication products compared to other European countries. However, concerned about the increasing demand for healthcare in the country and in an attempt to limit costs on the healthcare system with local consumers who do require basic medication often turning to their doctors for a prescription, the Dutch government implemented a new policy on 1 January 2019. This...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Netherlands report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Analgesics in the Netherlands
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Government Aims To Encourage Greater Self-care Amongst Dutch Population With New Policy
- Increasing Demand for Topical Analgesics Through Directly Targeting of Painful Area
- Potential for Greater Segmentation by Brands in Terms of Targeting Specific Types of Pain
- Competitive Landscape
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Gains Leadership of Analgesics Through Joint Venture With Pfizer
- Despite Share Loss, Bayer Retains Leadership of Systemic Analgesics
- Private Label Retains Strong Value Share of Analgesics
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Rising Disposable Incomes and Higher Vat Leads To Stable Current Value Growth for Consumer Health
- Some Products Removed From Basic Health Insurance As Government Encourages Self-care Amongst Local Population
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Takes Over Leadership of Consumer Health, Now Representing Former Pfizer Brands
- Internet Retailing Continues To Rapidly Gain Share Supported by Increasing Popularity of Online Players
- Marginally Stronger Value Performance Predicted for Consumer Health
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources